Saturday, October 12, 2013

gratitude

Old photo, taken during the summer in San Francisco.


Inspiration for the week of 10/6-10/12:
  • Jennifer Dewalt, who learned to code by building 180 websites in 180 days (Seriously, she is currently my hero because I spent about a week over the summer learning HTML/CSS from Codeacademy but I lost motivation because I didn't know where/how to apply what I'd learned. Discovering her feat just blows me away!)
  • Poetry magazine (I need to renew my subscription.)
  • Mathilde Roussel

Things/people I'm grateful for:
  • Google Hangouts and Skype
  • Finding fellow English majors at school
  • The people who have made me feel so welcome at school

Things that happened this week but I'm too lazy to make a separate post for:
  • Halloween Haunt at Great America with some friends. I can handle horror movies, games, and books, but when it comes to being spooked and chased in person, you can count on me to cling onto your arm or hold your hand for dear life. I'm more scared of being jumped at than I am of a person dressed up in a creepy costume. (My goodness, I'm actually considering going a second time with a different group of people.)

What I've been listening to:
  • The Speed of Things (2013) by Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment